Last Updated: June 2nd
Ever since Disney officials have announced the reopening of Disney World’s parks beginning on July 11th, there has been a lot of new Disney news to keep up with. So to make it easier to get information, this is the place where you can find everything you need to about Disney World’s reopening!
- Disney Springs has already been open for a little while now, but the first two Disney World parks to reopen will be Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom on Saturday July 11th. Magic Kingdom’s operating hours will be from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Animal Kingdom will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- EPCOT and Hollywood Studios will both reopen on Wednesday July 15th. EPCOT’s operating hours will be from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Hollywood Studios will be open from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Reservations will be required to get into the parks, and people with pre-existing reservations will get to choose their reservations before it’s available to the general public.
- On June 22nd, DVC Resorts, along with Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground are reopening to the public, although at reduced capacity.
- Disney Springs is typically open from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. but hours can vary depending on the venues.
- Disney has suspended things in the parks that cause large gatherings, such as firework shows, parades, and character meet and greets.
- Although character meet and greets will be suspended, characters will still be in the parks, but they cannot come in close contact with guests.
- Along with those things, the Extra Magic Hours in each of the parks have also been suspended and will not return for the time being.
- It has been announced that the Disney Dining Plan has been cancelled from May 28th 2020 to September 26 2021. Also, the advanced dining reservation window has been reduced from 180 days to 60 days.
- The Fastpass system has also been suspended for now, and probably won’t reopen for awhile, as it has been said that the Fastpass lines will be used as standard lines to reduce capacity.
- To keep all guests safe, social distancing protocols will have to be followed, just like in Disney Springs and Shanghai Disneyland. Temperature checks will be required, and people will a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will not be allowed in the parks. There will also be social distancing markers on the ground keeping groups away from each other, along with signs throughout the resort reminding guests to social distance.
- The rule that all guests three and older have to wear a mask has been updated, ad now all guests two and older will be required to wear a mask.
- On June 1st, it was announced that Spaceship Earth in EPCOT has pushed back it’s refurbishment, and will reopen with the rest of EPCOT on July 15th.
As of now, this is everything you need to know about Disney World’s reopening plans. I’ll update this page when new information is released, so be sure to visit us again! Stay safe and have a magical day!